Pork tastes great with pineapple. These pork pockets rubbed with mix of spices and stuffed with pineapple chunks are perfect fit for romantic or celebration dinner.
Other cuts of pork can be cooked like this, but tenderloin works the best due to shape and tenderness.
I used fresh pineapples, but canned ones may work good too.
- About 2.5lb pork tenderloin
- 4-5 pineapple circles
- Cup of shredded cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients: rinse tenderloin and pat it dry with paper towel; mix salt and spices together:
- Slice tenderloin into portion pieces (I got 8); carefully make an incision in the middle of each piece, not all the way through, just to form a pocket:
- Warm up oven to 355F. Rub each pork pocket with mixture of spices and salt inside and outside from all sides, set them in the oven proof pan incision side up:
- Slice pineapple in smaller chunks:
- Stuff pork pockets with pineapple chunks and put pan with pockets to the oven for about 40 mins:
- Carefully take pan out:
- Distribute shredded cheese between all pork pockets:
- Put pan back to the oven for 10-15 mins more (or until meat is cooked through to the proper temperature):
- Then serve: