Walnut Cranberry Chicken SaladSeptember 27th, 2014 in Salads by Julia Volhina
Total cooking time: 1h
This is a recipe for chicken salad made with crunchy walnuts and celery, dried cranberries and dressed with mayo.
It is pretty easy to do. All you need to do is to boil and dice chicken, slice celery and add rest of ingredients together.
This salad can be served as it is or on a bed of lettuce leaves as a salad entree. It also can be wrapped in a tortilla or served in a bread sandwich.
- 1.5-2lb of boneless chicken breast meat
- 1 cup of dried unflavored cranberries
- 3/4 cups of walnut nuts
- 4-6 celery stalks
- Mayo to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- Cook chicken meat first. For that: fill cooking pot with water, salt to taste and bring to boil, then add chicken in and cook for 15 mins; turn heat off and let chicken to cool down to room temperature while in the water; then take it out:
- Dice chicken meat and move it to mixing bowl:
- Add dried cranberries:
- Slice celery stalks thin, add them to the bowl:
- Add walnuts, if walnut pieces you use are big, you may want to chop them smaller before that:
- Season salad with salt and ground black pepper to taste and mix:
- Dress with mayo:
- Mix again, set aside to settle for about 30 mins:
- Then serve. It works great as a dish on its own, side or salad:
View all comments