Shrimps in Sour Cream SauceJuly 19th, 2014 in Appetizers & Snacks, Fish, Main Dishes by Julia Volhina
Total cooking time: 20min
Fast recipe to fix shrimps: simmer them for few minutes in sour cream and butter sauce.
I used raw cleaned shrimps for the recipe. But boiled ones will work as well, just reduce cooking time and temperature (no need for boiling).
Shrimps prepared this way can be a dish on its own, an appetizer or a snack, or it can be served over a bed of rice or pasta.
- 1.5lb-2lb raw cleaned shrimps
- Bunch of green parsley
- 8oz of sour cream
- 2oz of butter
- Ground pepper to taste
- Paprika to taste
- Salt to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients: thaw shrimps before cooking (you can do it under stream of running hold water, or overnight in fridge):
- Salt and season shrimps with paprika and peppers:
- Mix and set aside:
- Melt butter in a deep skillet over moderate heat:
- Add sour cream:
- Mix good and bring to light simmer:
- Add chopped parsley:
- Pour shrimps in:
- Cook shrimps over very light simmer 8-15mins (depending on size of shrimps: smaller shrimps – less cooking):
- Then serve hot as an appetizer or an entry over boiled pasta or rice:
Mmmm…, I should make this. Looks delicious! 🙂