Chicken, Prunes and Cucumber SaladJuly 12th, 2014 in Salads by Julia Volhina
Total cooking time: 1h
This salad has unusual ingredients combination: prunes, eggs, cucumber, walnuts and chicken, as the title says.
There is no onions or garlic, so it can be served early in the day as well later.
It is also one of few salads in my recipe inventory which does not call for mayo.
- 1lb-1.5lb of boneless chicken meat
- 15-20 dried prunes pitted
- 4-5 baby cucumbers
- 3/4 cup of walnuts
- 3 eggs
- 8oz of greek yoghurt or sour cream
- Salt to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients: boil eggs on hard:
- Cook chicken meat. For that bring a pot with water to boil, salt it to taste, put chicken in, and cook it for about 20 mins, then turn heat off, the pot aside and let chicken cool down till room temperature in the water:
- Once chicken is cooled down, dice it to the mixing bowl:
- Peel eggs, slice each in half, then chop eggs using egg slicer or knife:
- Slice prunes (if prunes are very dry, you can soak them in hot water for few minutes to soften), add them to the bowl:
- Pour walnuts to the bowl:
- Dice cucumbers into pieces of similar size of chicken pieces (I also remove skin from cucumbers):
- Season salad with salt, add yoghurt or sour cream (or a mix of these):
- Mix and set salad aside for 10-15 mins to settle:
- Then serve:
View all comments