Carrots, Raisins and Ginger SaladMarch 22nd, 2014 in Salads by Julia Volhina
Total cooking time: 15min
This is refreshing and somewhat spicy salad made with carrots, raisins and ginger.
It tastes great by itself, or with meat or poultry.
You can make salad more or less spicy by adjusting amount of ginger you use: more ginger will make more spicy salad.
- 3 big carrots
- 3 tablespoons of raisins
- Fresh ginger root, about 3 inches
- Mayo to taste
- Salt to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- Pour hot boiling water to the bowl with raisins, set aside for 5 mins to soak, then drain:
- Peel ginger and grate it on small slots of the grater:
- Peel carrots and grate them using bigger slots of the grater:
- Add raisins to the bow with grated carrots:
- Add grated ginger:
- Season with salt to taste:
- Add mayo:
- And mix again:
- And serve:
View all comments