Lettuce, Tomato and Cucumber SaladMarch 2nd, 2013 in Salads by Julia Volhina
Total cooking time: 20min
In anticipation of the spring in early March, here goes fresh tomato, cucumber and lettuce salad recipe.
These fresh vegetables taste so good in the Spring.
Prepare the salad soon before serving, cut fresh vegetables don’t like to wait.
If you want to make dressing lighter, use light mayo and low-fat yogurt instead of sour cream.
- 1/2 of small iceberg lettuce head
- 3 medium size tomatoes
- 4-5 baby cucumbers
- Bunch of fresh dill
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons of sour cream
- 3 tablespoons of mayo
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients: rinse vegetables:
- Shred iceberg lettuce into a deep salad bowl:
- Slice cucumbers (remove dark green skin before, if any):
- Slice tomatoes in halves, remove hard stem parts, and slice tomatoes in thin wedges:
- Add chopped dill:
- Salt to taste and mix:
Prepare sour cream and mayo dressing:
- Mix salad with dressing:
- And serve:
I used my ripe garden tomatoes and cukes. Im eating it now. Its wonderful!
With veggies from your own garden it must taste great! I am jealous…
This is a good website. And I also like the way they set up the preparation order up.