Chanterelles with Sour Cream and OnionsJanuary 14th, 2017 in Sides by Julia Volhina
Total cooking time: 35min
Chanterelles cooked with sour cream and onions are perfect side for any potato dish: boiled, baked, fried, you name it; they can also be great topper for a steak.
And of course mushrooms work great with grains, so boiled rice, or barley, or buckwheat will taste great with these as well.
Chanterelles are seasonal and can be quite expensive, but if you are as lucky as I am you may find some reasonable priced ones at some point in Costco.
Use good original sour cream without any additives if you can for best taste. And make sure you soak chanterelles and wash them well off any dirt and dust before cooking.
- 1lb chanterelles
- 1 big onion
- 3 tablespoons of sour cream
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- Warm up a skillet with all the butter:
- Slice onions in quarter circles, add them to the skillet and fry onions until soft:
- Soak and wash mushrooms thoroughly, slice them in smaller pieces if needed, add to the skillet:
- Fry chanterelles with onions for 10-15 mins, to reduce juices, then salt and pepper to taste:
- Add sour cream, mix and stew for 10 mins more:
- Then transfer to mushrooms to a serving plate and serve either warm or cooled downs to a room temperature:
View all comments