Little something without the meat: mushrooms cooked with peas and tomatoes in tomato juice and sour cream sauce.
It takes about 30 mins to cook, and pretty easy too. Just use good tasting canned tomatoes with no extra additives.
Serve mushrooms and peas as a dish on its own, or in addition to healthy grains or pasta. My favorite here is boiled buckwheat, but they I am a bit biased towards it.
It can even be a sauce for meat, if you wish it.
- 24oz of baby bella mushrooms
- 2 cups of peas
- 2 onion or a big one
- 1 can of diced tomatoes in juice
- Two tablespoons of sour cream
- Black pepper to taste
- Paprika to taste
- Dried dill to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon of oil for frying
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- Wash and clean mushrooms (scrub stems, wash off any dirt), quarter each:
- Warmup deep skillet with oil. Peel and slice onions in quarters. Move them to the warmed up skillet and fry until colored, stir from time to time:
- Add mushrooms in, you may want to work in batches (volume in mushrooms will reduce a lot with cooking):
- Cook mushrooms over slow simmer until juiced produced by mushrooms reduce almost entirely, stir from time to time:
- Add dried dill, ground black pepper and paprika, cook mushrooms with spices for 2-3 mins:
- Then add diced tomatoes, stir and cook for 5 mins more:
- Add sour cream, mix:
- Salt to taste:
- Add peas:
- Cook everything together over slow simmer for 5 mins more:
- And serve: