Napa cabbage is tender and juicy and is generally good choice for salads: doesn’t require any extra work to soften it up.
As any cabbage, it is high on vitamin C, so it is good choice of food for that flu and cold season.
This is also a salad to do if you got some leftover chicken and need to find some use for it: just remove skin and bones.
Any chicken meat will do, I boiled some thighs to prepare this post.
- 7oz of cooked chicken meat (boiled, rotisserie), no skin, no bones
- 7oz cucumbers (baby, english, any)
- Small napa cabbage (about 1 lb)
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 3 springs of green onions
- Bunch of fresh dill
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Mayo to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients: boil eggs and chicken (if needed), cool both down till room temperature; clean and rinse onions and dill:
- Slice napa cabbage, arrange it in a mixing bowl:
- Slice cucumbers, if you use more mature cucumbers remove seeds and skin prior to slicing:
- Slice boiled eggs:
- Dice cooked chicken meat:
- Chop dill and green onions:
- Dress with mayo to taste:
- Season with ground black pepper and salt:
- Mix everything:
- And serve right away: