Potatoes Fried with Garlic and Caraway SeedsApril 27th, 2013 in Sides by Julia Volhina
Total cooking time: 35min
An easy yet tasteful side dish to make. It goes well with meat or poultry or a vegetable main dish.
Caraway seeds in combination with garlic give this dish some fragrance and interesting taste.
A hint: you can boil potatoes well in advance and fry them right before serving to get side dish ready when main course is.
- 1.5lb of petite potatoes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2oz of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of caraway seeds
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- Wash potatoes thoroughly, put them to a pot filled with water, put on burner and cook potatoes over light simmering until cooked through (soft when pierced with a knife), smaller size potatoes require less time for cooking:
- Remove potatoes from the pot, dry them with paper towel, slice bigger potatoes into halves or quarters:
- Put dry frying pan on a burner, over moderate heat; add caraway seeds and toast them until fragrant (about 2 mins):
- Add all butter in and let it melt:
- Peel and slice garlic cloves, add the to the pan, fry with butter and caraway seeds for a minute more:
- Add potato pieces, fry potatoes, stir from time to time to coat potatoes with butter and seeds:
- And serve as side dish:
View all comments