Roast Brussels SproutsAugust 20th, 2011 in Sides by Julia Volhina
Total cooking time: 45min
Roast brussels sprouts are great as a side dish or a snack. They don’t require much of attention while cooking: just clean sprouts, put them to a baking pan, toss with oil, salt and pepper and roast until ready.
You can cook them to your liking: increase temperature a bit and you get crunchy outside and soft inside, decrease temperature and increase cooking time – get softer sprouts.
Hope you like them!
- 1lb of fresh brussels sprouts
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients: clean brussels sprouts, remove outside leaves and cut tips off:
- Warm oven up till 340F. Arrange brussels sprouts in the baking pan in single layer, generously salt and season with ground black pepper:
- Peel and mince garlic:
- Dress with olive oil and toss baking pan to make sure oil spread evenly:
- Put to the warmed up oven (340F):
- Roast for about 40 mins (or till your personal liking: it can be soft all the way through, or soft inside and crunchy outside – just increase temperature and cooking time), stir from time to time to make sure they cook evenly:
- Serve as a side dish, or a snack (toothpicks go great for this):
View all comments