Tortilla Rolls with Crab Sticks and CheeseMay 24th, 2014 in Appetizers & Snacks by Julia Volhina
Total cooking time: 1h
I had some tortillas left from the pack I used on recipe earlier this month. So I decided to post another recipe for tortilla rolls, this time with crab stick, cheese, garlic and greens stuffing.
The same as the first one, these rolls will work perfectly as a snack or an appetizer, and they go great together with beer.
So if you are looking for some unusual snack recipe, here it is.
- 3-4 burrito size ready to use flour tortillas
- 8 oz pack of crab sticks (surimi)
- 3 oz of shredded cheese
- Bunch of green parsley
- Bunch of green dill
- 1 small garlic clove
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- Chop crab sticks, move them to a mixing bowl:
- Add all cheese:
- Chop both dill and parsley, add them to the bowl as well:
- Peel and press garlic:
- Mix everything and mix mayo in, amount of mayo you need will depend on how liquid mayo is, rule of the thumb: stuffing should not be too liquid, but it should be homogeneous and a spread-like:
- Arrange one flour tortilla on a plate (don’t warm it up, or it may not fold); spread an even layer of stuffing on top of it (I used fork here); don’t put too much or it will be harder to fold, about 2-3 tortilla size thick:
Roll the tortilla tightly with stuffing inside:
- Then fold tortilla roll into plastic wrap; repeat the same procedure for remaining stuffing; put all rolls into fridge for at least 30 mins (but can be left there overnight too):
- Right before serving tortilla rolls take them from fridge, remove wrap and slice each into pieces about 3/4 of an inch (first and last pieces will not look to good so you can eat them right away):
- Arrange rest on a plate and serve as an appetizer or snack:
View all comments