That is probably one of my favorite dinner recipes: slices of beef roast under mayonnaise, shredded mozzarella and onions, and it is very easy to cook.
You can make steps 1-7 some time in advance, then put meat into the fridge and continue later; just get meat to the preheated oven about 1 hour before you are going to serve it. That comes extremely handy when you need to get a lot of other things taken care of right before the dinner.
Some dry red wine is a nice addition to this dish, especially if the dinner is going to get romantic.
- 2lb of round eye roast beef
- 2 big onions
- 4-5 cups of shredded mozzarella
- Mayonnaise to taste
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- Slice meat into pieces 1/3 of the inch thick:
- Salt each slice of meat from both sides and beat it up with the meat tenderizer:
- Take a shallow baking pan big enough for the meat you’ve got and arrange meat in one layer at the bottom of the pan:
- Peel and chop onions, cover meat layer with a layer of chopped onions and season with ground black pepper:
- Dress it with mayonnaise:
- Cover with even layer of shredded cheese and put into oven preheated to 340F-350F:
- Roast meat without cover for about 45 mins (cooking time may differ depends of the quality of the meat, just test meat it should be cooked until soft and juicy); if meat isn’t ready yet, but cheese start getting too brown – reduce heat a bit. Remove pan from the oven when meat is ready (careful the pan is hot!):
- Serve meat with cheese warm with your choice of a side dish, I did garnish it with potato puree and eggplant paste: