Chicken with Mustard, Honey and CurryNovember 16th, 2013 in Chicken, Main Dishes by Julia Volhina
Total cooking time: 1h 45min
Unusual combination of ingredients which produces interesting taste results: chicken pieces roasted under sauce made of mixture of melted butter, mustard, honey and curry.
This recipe is good choice for romantic or family dinner, leftovers can be reheated and served for lunch.
You can use chicken thighs (like I did), or drums, or a whole chicken sliced into portion pieces. Please note that drums will require less time for cooking.
- 2lb of chicken meat
- 4oz of butter
- 4 tablespoons of mustard
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of curry
- Salt to taste
How to make, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- Warm up oven to 365F. Rinse chicken pieces with cold water, pat them with paper towel, rub with salt from all sides and arrange in a baking pan skin side up (if size of pan allows, space them out a bit):
- Melt butter (I used microwave, but you can also melt in a pot set over pot with boiling water):
- Add mustard in:
- Curry powder:
- And mix it all:
- Spread the mixture over chicken:
- Even it out and put pan to the oven warmed up to 365F:
- Every 15 mins pour juices over the meat, I used turkey baster since it is more convenient, but a spoon will work too (just be careful, juices as well as pan are very hot!):
- After about 75 mins (1h 15mins) chicken is ready, serve it warm for lunch or dinner:
View all comments