It is the easiest way to cook chicken: get meat pieces, rub them with salt and spices, and then fry. Nothing complex and yet still very tasty.
Whole chicken legs are the best for this recipe, you can even get into more extreme and fry whole halves of chicken or cornish hen (bigger pieces are more juicy, but you may need to increase cooking time for big portions of meat).
Drumsticks, thighs and even wings can be cooked the same way: but you may need to reduce cooking time and increase amount of spices – just keep proportion of spice the same: 1 part of cumin to 1 part of ground black pepper to 2 parts of ground coriander – and it will be fine.
- 4-5 chicken legs (2lb-2.5lb) or other chicken parts or equal weight
- 2 tbsp of ground coriander
- 1 tbsp of cumin
- 1 tbsp of ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Sunflower or olive oil
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients: mix spices, rinse chicken with cold water and pat with paper towel:
- Rub each piece of chicken with salt from each side; then kindly rub with mix of spices:
- Repeat for each piece of chicken:
- Move chicken to a skillet warmed up with 2-3 tbsp of oil over medium-high heat:
- Fry for 2 mins and then turn chicken to the other side:
- Cover skillet with lid and fry chicken for 12 mins, flipping chicken to other side each 2 mins; don’t forget to cover skillet with the lid each time, if you see chicken getting too dark – reduce heat a bit:
- Add about cup of water to the skillet, reduce heat to low, cover skillet with a lid and cook for 8-10 mins more just until chicken is soft enough:
- Then fried chicken with spices is ready, serve it warm for dinner or lunch: