Summer Salad with Tomatoes and CucumbersMarch 20th, 2010 in Salads by Julia Volhina
Total cooking time: 20min
After all those snow emergencies, I’ve got hungry for some fresh vegetables. Lucky for me there are plenty in the nearby grocery store: despite there is no summer here yet.
So I decided to make simplest salad I know: summer salad with tomatoes and cucumbers, seasoned with chopped fresh dill and green onions, and dressed with oil.
This salad is perfect for any meat or poultry main dish. And even though it is not quite summer yet, I hope you are the same lucky like me and can buy fresh tomatoes and cucumbers right now to enjoy taste of fresh vegetables and replenish your body with some vitamins.
- 3 tomatoes
- 3 baby cucumbers
- 2-3 stems of green onion or a small shallot
- Small bunch of fresh dill
- Olive or sunflower oil
- Salt to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients: rinse vegetables with cold water, clean onions:
- Slice each tomato in half, remove stem part and slice each piece into 3-4 parts each:
- Move put tomatoes to the salad bowl. Skin cucumbers, slice each in halves along the length, and then slice across into narrow slices:
- Add chopped green onion (or shallot sliced into circles):
- Add chopped fresh dill:
- Season with salt and mix:
- Dress with about ½ cup of sunflower or olive oil:
- Mix again, summer salad is ready:
View all comments