Fried Meat with Mustard and EggsMay 9th, 2015 in Beef, Chicken, Main Dishes, Pork by Julia Volhina
Total cooking time: 12h 00min
The magic of this recipe is in the fact that you can prepare everything for it a day before and then just fry the meat when the time is right.
You can actually store marinated meat in fridge for longer and just fry a portion you need every time you need it, which may save time eventually.
Results may vary depending on the taste of mustard you use. So use the one you like :).
The same goes for peppers – I used a mixture I had on hands: red pepper, black pepper, white pepper, coriander, etc, but you can use whatever you like the most.
Choose softer cut of beef for this recipe, pork or chicken may work too.
- 2lb of meat
- 3 eggs
- 1.5 tablespoon of mustard of your choice
- 1.5 tablespoon of potato starch
- 1.5 teaspoon of salt (or more or less to taste)
- 1.5 teaspoon of ground peppers and spaces to taste
- Oil for frying
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- In a bowl add mustard, salt and ground peppers:
- Add starch:
- And mix everything:
- Crack all eggs in:
- And beat everything together until mixture is homogeneous:
- Slice meat into pieces about ⅓ inch thick:
- Arrange meat in a food container suitable for storage in fridge:
- Pour mustard and egg mixture, mix a bit to make sure sauce gets to every meat piece:
- Cover with a lid and put container to the fridge for at least overnight:
- When ready to fry: warm up skillet with oil over moderate heat; add portion of meat, fry it until colored from one side:
- Then flip to another and cook until desired readiness:
- Serve warm:
View all comments