Scrambled Eggs with Asparagus, Tomatoes and MushroomsJuly 29th, 2017 in Eggs, Main Dishes by Julia Volhina
Total cooking time: 15min
Scrambled eggs is one of these things one can easily throw together and be creative about it: the fridge content is the only limit, really.
And asparagus is my new go to for scrambled eggs lately. It pairs well with mushrooms and vegetables, and eggs themselves of course.
So here you go: a recipe for scrambled eggs with asparagus and mushrooms. Feel free to follow the steps, or tweak it one way or another.
- 5 eggs
- 1/2lb of asparagus
- 2 campari tomatoes
- 4-5 baby bella mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon of sour cream
- A bit of fresh parsley or dill or a mix of two
- Salt to taste
- Butter for frying (about 1 tablespoon)
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- Crack one egg into a bowl and whisk it with all sour cream:
- Add remaining eggs:
- And whisk:
- Until homogeneous:
- Slice asparagus into 1” inch long pieces, slice mushrooms, tomatoes and chop greens:
- Warm up skillet with a tablespoon of butter, add mushrooms and fry them until colored from each side:
- Add asparagus:
- And tomatoes, fry vegetables together for few minutes, stir from time to time:
- Pour egg mix in:
- Sprinkle with chopped greens:
- Scramble eggs and cook until eggs are not runny anymore:
- And serve:
Your recipe looks very tasty and it’s similar to one that we use except you have added mushrooms and sour cream. Thank you for sharing. A suggestion is that the tomato’s and mushrooms need to be cooked long enough that they release their moisture (at least five minutes for the tomato’s).