Light chicken salad, great on its own, as a side or on the sandwich.
Chicken thighs work great in this recipe, breast would be “skinnier” option. Alternatively rotisserie chicken leftovers would do as well.
If you are cooking chicken yourself, make sure it is cooled down to room temperature before slicing it for the salad.
You can get creative with dressing here: between low fat yoghurt, mix of yogurt with sour cream or mayo or just mayo itself. Choose to the taste or/and amount of calories.
- Boiled chicken thighs or breast, about 1lb, cooled down
- 5-6 baby cucumbers
- 2 green apples
- About 20 black olives
- Greek yogurt to taste
- Mayo to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- Dice chicken:
- Slice each olive in half and add to the bowl:
- Slice cucumbers and add them to the bowl as well:
- Core apples, and dice them as well (peel the skin if you feel like it, I didn’t):
- Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste:
- Add yogurt and mayo to taste:
- And serve: