It is green and delicious, it is spinach quiche.
Great recipe for weekend breakfast or brunch, when you want to eat something tasty without spending too much time and effort preparing it.
If you prefer quiches baked in crust, it will work too, just bake the crust, pour mixture in and cook according to directions below.
These ingredients will fit in 9-10 inch pan. Depending on how hungry you are, it will feed from 2 to 4 people.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 4-5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- Oil for frying
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- Warm up a skillet with a bit of oil, peel and dice onion, and then cook diced onion over medium-high heat until translucent and tender.
- Add in fresh spinach:
- Cook onion and spinach until spinach until just wilted. Set aside to cool for few minutes:
- Preheat oven to 400F. Pour flour into big mixing bowl:
- Whisk in eggs:
- Add baking powder:
- Incorporate milk:
- Then stir in spinach and onions (it should not be hot, wait few minutes if needed):
- Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste, mix:
- If you use non-stick pan like I did, just pour mixture into it, otherwise lightly grease a pan (or a pie plate) with butter prior to it:
- Evenly top with feta cheese:
- Put pan into the oven and bake for 25 minutes, or until center is set (try with a wooden toothpick or a match) and the outside edge is golden brown:
- Then let set for 5 minutes, carefully remove from the pan, slice and serve: