Chicken in Mushroom SauceApril 11th, 2009 in Chicken, Main Dishes by Julia Volhina
Total cooking time: 1h
Chicken and field mushrooms are very nice combination for any dish, as well as mushrooms and sour cream, as well as sour cream and dill.
So let’s mix them all and enjoy the result: Stewed Chicken in Mushroom Sauce! Best to be served with Potato Puree (Mashed Potatoes).
- 2.5-3 lb of skinless&boneless chicken breasts
- 1 big onion
- 14 oz of field mushrooms
- 1 bunch of fresh dill
- 8 oz of sour cream
- Oil, Salt
How to make, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients: wash chicken breasts, mushrooms and dill in cold water. I also prefer to skin field mushrooms, it is easy and doesn’t take much time, however if you are lazy 🙂 and if your field mushrooms are good and clean just washing will be good enough:
- Slice chicken breasts into stripes:
Put frying pan on the burner on high heat, add oil and warm it up. Put portion of chicken on the pan, you may need to split chicken into several portions and repeat steps #3, #4 and #5 for each of them if your frying pan isn’t big enough for all chicken you have:
- Fry each portion of the chicken all over stirring it from time to time (for approx 5-10 minutes):
- Move chicken to the cooking pot when is ready and season with the salt:
Skin onion and slice it in half circles:
- Add more oil to the frying pot and fry onions on moderate low heat till they gain yellow color (approx 10-15 mins), don’t forget to stir:
While onions are being fried, slice prepared field mushrooms like it is shown below:
Once onions are ready, add sliced mushrooms to the frying pan. Fry them together for 5 mins:
Add chopped dill to the frying pan, season with salt and stir:
Add sour cream and stir:
Let sauce to stew for 3 min:
- Pour sauce over the chicken in the cooking pot:
Cove all chicken with even layer of sauce:
Put cooking pot on the low heating burner, cover with a lid and let chicken stewing for 15-20 min.
After that time Stewed Chicken in Mushroom Sauce is Ready! It is best to be served with Potato Puree (Mashed Potatoes):
what can i substitute the sour cream with?
Heavy cream will work too, 1-1.5cups, something like that, however the taste will be a bit different.
wow, the only thing i can say is “awesome”!!!!
it was so easy withe the step by step description a tastes sooooooooo good!!
will use your site more often!!
thanks, and say hello to yuri (nice pics)!!
my absolut favorit!!!!
I tried this dish tonight. It came out very good! Thank You for such a nice and easy recipe.
mne Misha vashim saytom pohvastalsya, iz Zaporozja, govoril chto vi ego vkusno kormili )))