Perfect recipe for breakfast or brunch, especially on a weekend.
Summer squashes or zucchinis or a combination of these will work for this recipe. One or two, depending on their size and size of skillet you use. You will need just enough to form a single layer.
I used italian blend of cheeses, it worked perfectly. Other cheese or combination of cheese to your liking will work as well.
- 1 medium or 2 smaller summer squashes
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- 1/3 cup of shredded cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons of flour
- Pinch sugar
- Salt to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients: wash squashes thoroughly:
- In a small bowl combine one egg, 2 tablespoons of sour cream, salt and sugar:
- Mix together:
- Once mixture becomes homogeneous, add remaining eggs in:
- And mix good again:
- Slice squashes into circles about half inch thick, dust them with flour from all sides:
- Warm up a skillet over moderate heat, smear it with butter:
- Move squash circles to the skillet (just enough to fill it with a single layer), fry squash pieces until colored from one side: Then flip them to another and fry to the same color on another side, then remove skillet from the burner:
- Warm oven to 350F. Cover layer of fried squash with a layer of shredded cheese:
- Then pour egg and sour cream mixture in:
- Put skillet to the warmed up oven for 15 mins:
- Then remove:
- And serve while warm: