Napa Slaw with Eggs (Cabbage Salad)July 11th, 2009 in Salads by Julia Volhina
Total cooking time: 25min
You can take any kind of cabbage for this salad, however I prefer napa cabbage (one of variants of Chinese cabbage), as it is more soft and tasteful.
In general this salad is easy to make (as I think any slaw is), very fast to do and of course is nutritious: napa cabbage is rich on vitamin A/Carotene and vitamin C.
If you use napa cabbage, don’t make more salad than you will eat for one meal, napa cabbage salads are best to be eaten fresh and loose taste after stored in fridge.
- 1 small napa cabbage (or a ½ of big one)
- 2 eggs
- Fresh dill
How to make, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients: boil eggs hard and let them cool till room temperature, wash dill in cold water, clean cabbage (if needed):
- Shred cabbage, put shredded cabbage to the bowl and season with salt. If you are using more hard cabbage than napa, you need to squeeze cabbage with your hands after it is salted to make is softer (with napa you don’t need to do so, it is soft enough):
- Add chopped fresh dill to the bowl:
- Peel hard boiled eggs, cut them in halves and slice like it is shown on the picture:
- Season everything with mayonnaise, and mix:
View all comments