Chicken Salad with PineappleOctober 10th, 2009 in Salads by Julia Volhina
Total cooking time: 1h
This is one of my favorite chicken salads, you can also call it potato salad or salad with chicken, pineapple and potato. Whatever you call it, it is still delicious. After all, chicken and pineapples are a good combination.
I also found what fire roast marinated bell peppers are good substitute for the home pickled ones in this salad, and good thing is: those you can actually find in the nearby shop. But you can also use homemade ones if you’ve got some.
I hope you will enjoy this tasty chicken salad as much as I did yesterday.
- 1.5lb of boneless chicken breasts
- 3 medium size potatoes
- 20 oz can of pineapple chunks in juice
- 15 oz can of sweet fresh cut whole kernel corn (salted)
- 2 marinated bell peppers (I took fire roast peppers and they fit perfectly)
- Fresh parsley
- Ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
How to make, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients: boil potatoes for the salad skin-on, drain liquid from corn and pineapple chunks:
- Put chicken breasts to the salted boiling water and boil them for about 15-20 mins until ready:
- While chicken is being prepared, skin boiled potatoes and dice them and put to the big salad bowl:
- Get marinated roast peppers out of jar, remove seeds if it has any and slice into stripes, add them to the salad bowl:
- Add pineapple chunks:
- And corn:
- Get chicken breast out of the water once they are ready, and let them cool till room temperature:
- Then dice them into middle size pieces, add to the salad bowl:
- Add fine chopped fresh parsley:
- Season salad with salt and ground black pepper, add mayonnaise:
- Mix everything:
- Serve on the bed of lettuce leaves:
It’s a shame you don’t have a donate button! I’d without a doubt donate to this brilliant blog!
I suppose for now i’ll settle for bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account.
I look forward to new updates and will share this
blog with my Facebook group. Chat soon!
Hm, I never thought about this. Thanks for the idea 🙂
Thank you so much for this amazing looking recipe! I love healthy recipes and I will look forward to trying it out and sharing it with my followers at TianaGustafson.com. As Arnold says “I’ll be back” 🙂 Thanks again!