Crabsticks, Beans, Tomato, Bell Pepper and Cheese SaladJanuary 11th, 2014 in Salads by Julia Volhina
Total cooking time: 20min
One more salad for holiday table: lighter salad with crab sticks, red beans, tomatoes, bell pepper and cheese. It is pretty fast to make because doesn’t require any prep work: nothing to boil or cook prior to assembling.
I used italian blend of shredded cheese, but any hard cheese you like will work. If you have whole piece of cheese, you can dice it instead of shredding.
Adjust amount of garlic to your liking, if whole clove seems a bit too much use only half of it.
- 16oz can plain red beans
- 8oz of tomatoes
- 8oz of crab sticks
- 1 green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup of shredded cheese
- 1 small garlic clove
- Mayo to taste
- Salt to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- Dice crab stick (slice each in half lengthwise and then dice), add them to the mixing bowl:
- Clean bell pepper (remove seeds and stem), then slice in short strips:
- Rinse red beans of liquid in can, drain it, and add to the bowl:
- Add shredded cheese:
- Peel garlic clove and chop it:
- If you use cherry tomatoes slice each in half, for campary slice each in half and then each half in quarters, add tomatoes to the bowl:
- Add mayo to taste (and salt if you feel like it):
- And serve:
View all comments