This is one of the salads which uses avocado dressing from the last week recipe. It is green, fresh summer salad topped with boiled shrimps with a hint of spiciness provided by the dressing.
My advise is to assemble this salad right before you are planning to serve it: it calls for avocados, tomatoes and lettuce (all of which react to oxidation by loosing taste and pretty look).
However avocado dressing can be prepared in advance and stored in airtight container in fridge.
- 4 medium size tomatoes
- 3 avocados (1 for dressing and rest for salad)
- 3-4 lettuce leaves
- About 28 boiled shrimps (can be also grilled)
- 1 shallot onion
- 2 serrano peppers
- 1.5 – 2 lemons (juice)
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Boiled water cooled down to room temperature (1-2 cups)
- Fresh cilantro
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- Start off by making dressing (below is a quick recap how to do it, read more detailed instructions in the avocado dressing recipe):
- Now it is time for the salad itself. Thoroughly clean and slice lettuce leaves, put them to the salad bowl:
- Rinse tomatoes, cut in halves, remove stem parts and slice in wedges, salt to taste:
- Peel remaining 2 avocados, slice them into pieces the same size as tomato wedges and add to the salad bowl:
- Pour salad with avocado dressing prepared earlier:
- And mix:
- Put salad to the plate for each serving and top with boiled (or grilled) shrimps right before serving: