Spring is right around the corner. And even though nowadays you can buy fresh vegetables all year around, in spring they taste somehow special. Maybe this is a way how body let’s you know it needs to be replenished with vitamins.
This is why I am publishing this recipe for salad made of fresh bell peppers, cucumbers and tomatoes with boiled white chicken meat and a bit of cheese.
By the way, mayo in the dressing can be mixed with sour cream for skinnier version.
- 0.5-0.75lb of chicken breast meat
- 1 big bell pepper
- 2-3 tomatoes
- 2-3 baby cucumbers
- 0.5 cup of shredded cheese (I used italian blend)
- Mayo to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- Bring a pot with water to boil, salt to taste, add chicken in and cook until cooked through (about 20 mins); remove pot from burner and let chicken cool down with the water:
- Slice bell pepper in half, remove stem and seeds, and slice (first in stripes, then in smaller pieces), move to the salad bowl:
- Remove chicken cooled down to room temperature from the water and dice it into pieces similar in size with how you sliced bell peppers, move to the salad bowl:
- Dice tomatoes into pieces of similar size and add them to the bowl as well:
- Then do the same with cucumbers (if cucumber skin is bitter, peel them before slicing):
- Add shredded cheese:
- Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste:
- Add mayo:
- Then mix:
- And serve right away: