Shrimps, Mushroom and Rice SaladJune 21st, 2014 in Salads by Julia Volhina
Total cooking time: 1h 30min
This isn’t one of the recipes I usually cook, but it kind of puzzled me when I saw a recipe, so I had to try it.
It turned out pretty nice, somewhat unusual taste but quite interesting.
I used shrimps, presented in last week recipe this recipe, but I think store purchased pre-cooked shrimps will work well for it as well.
- 1lb of boiled shrimps
- 0.5lb of mushrooms
- Boiled rice made from 0.5 cups of dry rice
- 1 onion
- 1 bell pepper
- Bunch of fresh dill
- Juice of 1 lemon (3-4 tablespoons)
- 0.5 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of ketchup
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce (optional)
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients: I used pre-cooked shrimps and rice:
- Warm up skilled with a bit of vegetable oil over moderate heat; peel and chop onion, move it to the warmed up skillet, cook until transparent, stir from time to time:
- While onions are being cooked, clean and dice mushrooms, add to the onions, salt and season with ground black pepper and cook until juices produced by mushrooms evaporate (continue stirring from time to time) :
- Clean boiled shrimps, if shrimps are big, slice each in 2-3 pieces each, move to the mixing bowl:
- Slice bell pepper in halves, remove seeds and stem part and dice; add diced bell pepper to the bowl:
- Add boiled rice:
- And cooked mushrooms with onions:
- Chop fresh dill:
- Squeeze about 4 tablespoons of lemon juice and pour it to the bowl:
- Season with salt to taste and mix:
- Mix salad dressing into salad, and put bowl into fridge for 45-60 mins:
- Then serve:
Оk, I’ve cooked it and is really tasty! Good recipe, thanks Julia 😉
Wow, you are fast 🙂 Thanks for trying it!