As you probably guessed already, this simple salad consists of two main ingredients: cabbage and carrots, dressed with oil (I take sunflower oil for this one), ground black pepper and celery seeds (both of which are optional), and salt.
It takes about 15 mins to prepare this salad. It can be served as a side dish or an appetizer. It also works good for a snack when you need to make something tasty fast.
Leftovers can be stored in fridge for a few days, salad doesn’t lose taste with time.
- Small cabbage head or a part of it, about 1lb
- 2-3 carrots
- 1/3 cup of sunflower oil
- Celery seeds to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- Remove top leaves from cabbage, shred it fine (remove stem part):
- Put shredded cabbage to a bowl, portion by portion, salt each of portions to taste; squeeze cabbage with your hand to soften it, then set aside:
- Peel and grate carrots over big slots, add to the bowl:
- Season with ground black pepper and celery seeds to taste:
- And mix:
- Season with sunflower oil:
- Mix again and transfer salad to a serving bowl:
- Then serve as a side dish or appetizer: