Yet another recipe for fried green string beans, now accompanied by scrambled eggs.
Any kind of string beans will work good for this one: green or yellow, thin or thick, whole or cut – just adjust boiling time so they are cooked enough but not too soft when done.
I don’t think there can be too much eggs used when cooking string beans. Even though there are only 2 on the picture and I ended up using 3, but actually think 4 would be even better, so just cook to your taste!
- 1lb of green string beans
- 2-3 eggs
- 1-2 tbsp of butter
- Salt to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients: any kind of string beans will work here, green or yellow, the thinner they are the less boiling time they require:
- If beans require cleaning – do it (I had ready to cook and clean french beans, they had steam parts removed already); then rinse beans with cold water:
- Bring a cooking to boil, salt water and put beans in; cook beans over heavy boiling for 3-5 minutes (as I said before the thinner string beans are, the less time they need to be boiling), just try them from time to time – they should be not too soft and even crispy when you bite one (but still beatable):
- Pour boiled green beans to colander and rinse with cold water until cooled down completely, then set aside to drain water:
- Scramble eggs with a bit of salt in small bowl (even though on the picture above I have only 2 eggs, I ended up using 3):
- Warm up a skillet with with high sides over moderate low heat, and melt butter on it:
- Add string beans to the skillet and fry them over for a bit (stir from time to time) just until extra water is all gone:
- Then pour beaten eggs in:
- And fry beans and eggs together stirring, just until eggs are cooked:
- Serve warm as a side dish or no meat main dish: