Chicken thighs baked in mustard and soy sauce is one of these recipes to use when you need to cook something delicious while spending minimum effort on it.
All you need to do is to whip a sauce together, cover chicken with it and stick it into the oven – cooking doesn’t get any easier than this.
Chicken thighs are juicy and easy to cook without much risk of over drying the meat, so this recipe produces very tender and juicy chicken meat with a hint of spices from curry and mustard.
- 3 lb of boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1.5 tablespoon of mustard
- 1.5 tablespoon of mayo
- 1/8 cup of soy sauce
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- In a mixing bowl combine mayo, mustard and curry powder:
- Squeeze lemon juice, gradually mix 1/8 cup of it to the bow:
- Add 1/8 cup of soy sauce:
- And mix everything until sauce gets homogeneous:
- Rinse chicken thighs with cold water, pat them dry with paper towels and arrange in a deep baking pan inner side up; season with salt and ground black pepper to taste. Remember that soy sauce is salty as well, so use a bit less salt than you would usually use to your taste to compensate for it:
- Using spoon evenly distribute a half of prepared mustard and soy sauce mix over the chicken thighs, make sure to get sauce inside of each thigh:
- Flip each thigh over:
- Season with salt and ground black pepper again:
- And cover with remaining mustard and soy sauce mix:
- Warm oven to 350F. Put pat into the oven uncovered and cook chicken for 40-45mins:
- Serve baked chicken with your choice of side dish: