Potatoes, cauliflower, asparagus and onions infused with fajita and some other spices and roasted in the oven is perfect dish on its own if you want more veggies in your diet, or great side dish for meat or chicken entree.
Cooking time for this dish in will vary depending on size of potato and cauliflower pieces. Potato in general will take more time to cook than other vegetables, slice it in smaller pieces and check its readiness with a knife before turning the oven off.
I used virgin olive oil spray here, spraying is a way more convenient than just pouring, it also helps to cut amount of oil to necessary minimum. However pouring oil will work as well.
- 2lbs of small red potatoes
- 1lbs of cauliflower florets
- 1lbs of asparagus
- 1-2 shallots or other small onions
- 2 tablespoons of Fajita mix spices or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- Warm oven to 350F. Smear baking pan with some oil. Wash potatoes thoroughly; slice bigger ones in quarters and smaller ones in half, move them to the pan; season with salt and ground black pepper to taste as well as a bit of fajita mix:
- Spray with a bit of oil on top and put to the warmed up oven for 30-35 mins (carefully mix pan contents from time to time):
- Peel and slice onions into half circles; carefully remove the pan from the oven, add onions to the pan, mix and put the pan back to the oven for 10 mins more:
- Separate cauliflower into florets, slice bigger ones in halves and quarters if needed, again carefully remove the pan from the oven, add cauliflower to the pan:
- Spray cauliflower with a bit of oil, mix and put the pan back to the oven for 15 mins more:
- Rinse asparagus, snap hard bottom parts from each spear off, slice each spear in 2-3 pieces, again remove the pan from the oven carefully, add asparagus in:
- Season with remaining fajita spice mix, garlic powder, add more salt and ground black pepper if you feel like it:
- Spray with a bit of oil if needed, mix everything and put the pan back to the oven for 15 mins (until all ingredients are evenly soft to piercing):
- Remove the pan from the oven and serve spicy roasted vegetables as a meat-free dish on its own or as a side for meat or chicken: