Crepes Stuffed with AppleApril 3rd, 2010 in Main Dishes, No-meat by Julia Volhina
Total cooking time: 10min
There is more than one recipe for pancakes on this website, if you are looking for some other recipe, try here: all pancake recipes.
For some reasons, I always cook a bit too much than we can eat at once, especially when it comes to crêpes.
So there are some times when I am wondering what to do with all those extra crêpes left from the yesterday.
Here is nice idea how else you can eat left over crêpes: stuff them with honey and apples – those will get you full fast, and because stuffing is pure apple – you will also eat good nutritious breakfast.
If you are interested to know how to cook thin crêpes – read here.
- 4 thin crêpes
- 1 sweet apple
- 2tbs of natural honey
- Ground cinnamon to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients: 1 big apple is enough for about 4 crêpes, if you want to prepare more – just adjust amount of ingredients:
- Let’s prepare stuffing first. Skin the apple:
- Cut apple in 4-6 pieces, remove seeds and grate each piece on big slots of the grater:
- Season grated apple with cinnamon to taste:
- Add 2 teaspoons of natural honey and mix everything:
- Put one thin crêpe on big flat plate; scoop ¼ of stuffing (grated apple will produce juice – take it too, crepe will absorb it) and arrange it in the middle of the crêpe in even thin layer, leave about 2 inches free of stuffing from the sides:
- Fold a bottom side toward the middle:
- Fold left and right side toward the middle:
- Fold a crepe with stuffing from bottom side toward the middle again and cove with the top side which is free of stuffing:
- Repeat for the rest of stuffing. Serve for breakfast or as a quick healthy snack:
This recipe looks delicious — grated apple is a great idea! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you 🙂