There is more than one recipe for pancakes on this website, if you are looking for some other recipe, try here: all pancake recipes.
This recipe is a step up for russian kefir based pancakes – oladi. My mom used to add slices of apple to oladi batter and that is the way how I prefer them – oladi with apple served warm with sour cream topping.
So the recipe is quite easy: prepare oladi batter, add slices of apple and fry pancakes.
This dish is a perfect choice for breakfast or brunch, or even fast prepared snack. I bet kids would love those pancakes as well. They taste good accompanied with a glass of kefir.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of plain unsweetened kefir
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 1.5 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 apple
- Sunflower oil
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- Start from preparing oladi kefir based batter. Beat egg with sugar in a deep bowl using mixer until about tripled in volume:
- Carefully mix in kefir:
- Sift and carefully fold in about 1.5 of all purpose flour:
- Add baking soda:
- Batter should be thin enough so you can ladle it and pour with a spoon but still thick so it keeps together:
- Skin apple, cut it in quarters and remove seeds:
- Slice apple quarters and add them to the batter:
- Warm up skillet with about 2 tablespoons of oil over moderate heat; ladle a bit of batter with a tablespoon (make sure you ladle a few slices of apple in it as well) and pour batter to the skillet; repeat for several more pancakes:
- Fry pancakes on one side until light brown color then flip them to another side using spatula and fry until ready:
- Repeat with the rest of batter. Serve oladi warm topped sour cream or honey: