Crab Sticks and Rice SaladDecember 28th, 2008 in Salads by Julia Volhina
Total cooking time: 45min
Everybody who tried my crab stick salad fell in love with it after first bite. Now I have no problems deciding what to bring to the party.
This salad is easy and fast to do and the taste is just great. Try it, you will like it!
- 1 pack (16 oz, 450g) of surimi crab sticks of your choice
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup of rice
- 1 can (15 oz) of sweet fresh cut whole kernel corn (salted)
- 1 bunch of green onions
- 1 bunch of fresh dill
- Salad mayonnaise by taste
- Salt by taste
How to make, step-by-step:
- Prepare hard boiled eggs, boil rice for salad, drain corn, wash dill and peeled green onions with cold water:
- Slice crab stick into medium pieces. Put sliced crab sticks to the salad bowl:
- Peel hard boiled eggs (make sure they are not hot) and slice them into small pieces. Add eggs to the salad bowl:
- Add corn:
- Chop dill and green onion, add to the salad bowl:
- Add cooled rice to the salad bowl, mix everything you’ve got in the salad bowl and try if it is salted enough. You may want to add more salt at that step if you feel it is needed:
- Mix everything in your salad bowl with salad mayonnaise. Amount of the mayonnaise you need can vary depends of how thick the mayonnaise is. Make sure your salad is not too thick and not too watery:
- Your Crab Stick Salad is ready to be served:
Just wondering if this salad can be frozen .
Greens may suffer from freezing…
I made this today. simply delicious
How long does it take to prepare this meal? I am thinking about cooking this for my exam in Nutrition and Wellness class.
35-45 mins in average, if you pre-cooked and cooled down rice and eggs in advance.
If you add little garlic to it or lightrly pan-fried onions it’ll add a nice touch to it.
I prefer fresh green onions, but that is up to taste.