I am trying to eat my vegetables raw at the moment (losing some weight, trying to eat more healthy, running and such). So this is a salad which I make for myself for lunch at work to accomplish this.
It takes about 10 mins to do all the slicing and dicing. And maybe 5 more for cleaning and packing.
Occasionally I add to it raw corn, onions, spinach, lettuce to vary things up, but cucumbers, tomatoes, mini peppers and avocado are always present.
- 4 baby cucumbers
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 7-9 sweet mini bell peppers or 1 big one
- 3oz of crumbled feta
- Olive oil to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients: rinse all vegetables:
- Remove step part from bell peppers, clean them from seeds, and slice:
- Slice each tomato in half, remove stem part and dice:
- Remove skin from cucumbers, then dice:
- Slice avocado in half lengthwise (keep the skin on), carefully remove pit, using round tip table knife slice each avocado half lengthwise and then widthwise within its shell (see the picture below), then using a teaspoon scoop dices of avocado out to the mixing bowl:
- Add feta crumbles:
- Season with salt and ground pepper to taste:
- Mix and dress with olive oil:
- Mix again and serve: