Yet another one chicken salad to be added to my list of recipes: tender chicken meat, boiled eggs, tasty cucumbers and spicy carrots prepare in korean style.
This salad will work great as a side or appetizer, or as a lunch meal itself, especially if you need something to take with you. It can be served plain, in a sandwich or in a wrap.
Salad can be dressed with a mix of mayo and sour cream instead of the mayo alone, if you are looking for healthier option.
- 1lb of boneless skinless chicken meat
- 1lb of korean style carrots
- 3 eggs
- 4-5 baby cucumbers
- 1/2 cups of shredded cheese
- Salt to taste
- Mayo to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients: wash cucumbers; boil eggs on hard, cool them down before adding to the salad:
- Cook chicken meat. For that bring a pot with water to boil, salt it to taste, put chicken in, and cook it for about 20 mins, then turn heat off, the pot aside and let chicken cool down till room temperature in the water (you can also remove meat from the water earlier, if you want to speed up the cooling down process):
- Dice cooled down chicken meat into half inch big pieces:
- Chop eggs, you can use egg slicer or knife:
- Peel cucumbers if needed, then dice them in the same size pieces as chicken:
- Add shredded cheese and salt to taste (if needed):
- Add korean style carrots:
- Dress with mayo or a mix of mayo with sour cream to your liking:
- Mix everything:
- Set salad aside for 30 mins to settle, and then serve: