There is more than one recipe for pancakes on this website, if you are looking for some other recipe, try here: all pancake recipes.
I prepared pancakes from zucchini, but they are also good prepared of any other kind of summer squash or even mix of them.
Soft and tender vegetable pancakes, they are easy and very fast to do. Perfect dish for breakfast or lunch, or for any other “hunger feeding” quick food break.
Odds are your kids will love them (even though they consist of pure vegetables)!
- 1lb of zucchini
- 1 egg
- 1 garlic clove
- Fresh dill to taste
- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/4 tbs of backing soda
- Sunflower or olive oil
- Salt to taste
How to make, step-by-step:
- You can use any other type of summer squash, pattypans or yellow summer squash, instead of zucchini, or combine different kinds of them. Also you may vary amount of dill and garlic to taste:
- Wash zucchini, if they are ripe enough to have hard seeds, then remove seeds and skin them, then grate on the medium slots of grater. Add salt, mix and leave for 10 minutes:
- Drain juice, you may also squash the mix a bit to remove redundant liquid. Add fine chopped dill, pressed garlic clove and an egg:
- Mix everything, add baking soda and flour (I usually put about half of cup of flour, but you may use more or less to taste) and prepare not stiff dough:
- Warm the frying pan with oil over moderate heat. Take a bit of dough with table spoon and ladle it on the warmed up frying pan to get a small pancake. Fry the pancake on each side for about 1-2 mins (till golden skin). Repeat the same procedure for the rest dough:
- Serve Zucchini Pancakes warm with sour cream. It is perfect dish for breakfast or lunch, easy and fast to do! Odds are your kids will love it (even though it is pure vegetables!):