Zucchini “Fries” with Parmesan and SpicesNovember 7th, 2015 in Appetizers & Snacks, Sides by Julia Volhina
Total cooking time: 20min
Zucchini “fries” cooked with this recipe are much healthier alternative to potato ones: much less oil and less starchy zucchini instead of potato.
I love zucchini, so these taste great for me. It is easy to improvise with spices and their amounts to create new unique taste every time I want it.
Please note, more mature zucchinis will require more cooking time, so probe with a fork to see readiness.
Zucchini with Parmesan and Spices can be served as snack, or an appetizer or a side dish.
- 2 young zucchinis
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon of thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon of basil
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- A bit of olive oil
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- Remove stem part from each zucchini, slice each in half right in the middle, then slice each of halves in quarters lengthwise. Arrange zucchini pieces sliced size up in a baking pan:
- Sprinkle with a bit of oil (you can either use brush or spoon here, olive oil spray can be an easy way to go about it too):
- Pour cheese and all spices into a bowl, sprinkle with salt to taste:
- And mix:
- Using spoon, dust zucchini pieces with cheese and spice mixture evenly:
- Warm oven up to 355F. Put baking pan in for about 15 mins. After that turn on broil on high for 1-2 mins or until colored, then serve as a snack, appetizer or a side dish:
View all comments