Curry Chicken with Prunes and Dried ApricotsJuly 28th, 2012 in Chicken, Main Dishes by Julia Volhina
Total cooking time: 1h
I wasn’t a big fan of curry, until I actually tried it.
Some time ago we discovered a small family owned buffet which serves pakistani food that with no surprise comes with a lot of curry. And I like it a lot, in fact we are lunching there at least once a week.
So I wanted to try to cook with curry myself, and this is a dish I attempted first: creamy chicken with prunes and dried apricots and, of course, curry.
And it turned out great.
- 1.5lb of chicken breast
- 4oz of prunes
- 4oz of dried apricots
- 1-2 onions
- 1.5 cups of heavy whipping cream
- Curry to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon of oil
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients: wash chicken breasts and pat them dry with paper towel; I ended up using 2 onions instead of 1 on the picture:
- Pour boiling water into bowls with dried apricots and prunes, leave for 10 mins, then remove water:
- Warm up deep skillet with a tablespoon of oil over moderate heat. Peel onions, slice them into half circles and put to warmed up skillet; fry onions until colored, stir from time to time:
- Slice chicken breasts; increase heat under the skillet and add chicken to it:
- Fry chicken together with onions, stirring from time to time until all chicken colored white from each side:
- Reduce heat and pour whipping cream in:
- Let chicken cook lightly simmering for about 10 mins, then add salt and curry to taste:
- Slice dried apricots and prunes into thirds:
- And add to the skillet, simmer it all for about 10 mins more:
- Then serve for lunch or dinner. I prefer boiled rice as a side for this dish:
Made this for lunch. This turned out amazing! I added more dried prunes and apricots for more sweetness and texture. A keeper!
That’s great recipe, I did it for my gf and she was amazed. Don’t have to say what happened later 🙂