Mushroom CurryDecember 3rd, 2016 in Main Dishes, No-meat by Julia Volhina
Total cooking time: 20min
Quick and easy no meat mushroom curry. I could probably get away with using curry powder, but for this recipe I used actual mix of spices.
That way I could can play with spiciness and taste a bit every time I cook it.
Mushroom curry tastes great with boiled rice, or boiled barley. I even add it to salads sometimes to spice things up a bit.
It is really pretty fast recipe to cook and very tasty.
- 1lb of portobello mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon of caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- Small bunch of fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup of water
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients: rinse mushrooms thoroughly, clean if needed then slice in not too small pieces:
- Warm up skillet with a bit of oil, peel and chop onion, add it to the skillet, fry over moderate heat until transparent, stir from time to time:
- Peel and chop garlic cloves, add them to the skillet, fry for a minute, continue to stir:
- Add all spices (caraway, coriander, chili powder, turmeric):
- Stir, continue cooking and stirring for 4-5 minutes:
- Add water in:
- And sliced mushrooms:
- Add tomato paste:
- Salt to taste and mix:
- Bring to slow simmer and cook for about 10 minutes:
- Turn heat off, mix in chopped cilantro:
- And serve with boiled rice or couscous or boiled barleys like I did. It even works great in salads:
View all comments