Knowing me you can probably guess that this tender slaw-like salad made of grated fresh celery root, apples and chopped egg is dressed with mayo.
By the way, celery root here is hardly recognizable: it has nutty taste and (if you are not used to it) tastes nothing like celery stalks, maybe because of apples.
I would define this taste as unusual; if you stumble upon fresh celery root in a store – give it a try, after all celery is known as low-calorie source of dietary fiber.
- 1 small size celery root
- 2 apples
- 1/2 medium size onion
- 5 eggs
- Salt to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients: boil eggs on hard, cool them down till room temperature:
- Clean and peel celery root, grate it on small slots in deep bowl:
- Grate half of onion to the same bowl (use small or big slots to taste):
- Peel apples, quarter them and remove cores; grate on big slots:
- Peel and chop eggs:
- Salt to taste: sexedate
- Dress with mayo and mix, cover with plastic wrap and leave in fridge for an hour to cool down and infuse:
- Serve as an appetizer or a side dish: