Vegetables with CreamDecember 14th, 2013 in No-meat, Sides by Julia Volhina
Total cooking time: 25min
Vegetables with cream are pretty easy to cook and they make a great side dish for meat or poultry. It can also be served as a no-meat course.
I used carrots, broccoli and cauliflower florets with peas for this recipe, but it will also work good with green beans, zucchini, brussels sprouts, whatever you have on your hands.
The same, you can use either fresh vegetables or frozen ones, or a combination of these. For example, for this recipe I used fresh broccoli and cauliflower with frozen sliced carrots and frozen peas.
- Sliced carrots, about 10 oz
- Peas, about 10 oz
- Broccoli and/or cauliflower florets, about 10 oz
- 1.5 cups of cream
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
How to prepare, step-by-step:
- Prepare ingredients:
- Pour heavy cream to deep frying pan, bring to light boil:
- Slice cauliflower and broccoli florets into smaller pieces (if needed), add them to pan:
- Add sliced carrots; cook carrots, cauliflower and broccoli together for 8 mins, over light simmer:
- Add peas:
- Salt to taste:
- And season with ground black pepper, mix and cook for 2 mins more:
- Sprinkle with about tablespoon of flour, mix good:
- Continue cooking until sauce thickens (for 2-3 mins), mix from time to time:
- Then serve, vegetables with cream are perfect side dish for meat or poultry:
View all comments