There is more than one recipe for pancakes on this website, if you are looking for some other recipe, try here: all pancake recipes.
Fresh White Cheese Pancakes are good choice for the family breakfast or snack. Fresh cheese is a source of the calcium, therefore this is very good food for kids whose growing body needs a lot of calcium.
Cheese pancakes are very fast and very easy to do. The only hassle with this recipe can be to find good quark-kind fresh cheese. So try Russian, Ukrainian or Polish shop if you can’t locate it local supermarket, or make it yourself.
- 0.5 – 0.8lb of fresh white cheese (quark)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- All purpose flour
- Sunflower oil
How to make, step-by-step:
- To prepare fresh cheese pancakes you will need quark (fresh cow milk cheese, in russian: tvorog). I had troubles to find it in US, so if you don’t have it in your local stores, ask in Russian / Ukrainian / Polish shops, most probably you will find it there:
- Mash fresh cheese in a bowl:
- Add salt, sugar and egg and mix everything:
- Add 2-3tbsp of all-purpose flour (if you like more firm pancakes add more of flour) and knead the dough:
- Take a bit of dough with a spoon, roll it the flour to make a dough ball:
- Make a cake from a dough ball:
- Prepare several cheese pancakes and fry them over on the frying pan warmed up with a bit of sunflower oil (approx 3 mins for each side):
- Fresh Cheese Pancakes can be served hot or cooled to room temperature with sour cream or/and sugar: