Eating soups is healthy, let’s also make it tasty!
Homemade beef broth, a lot of vegetables and meatballs, sounds good for me, what about you?
If you don’t want to play with making broth yourself, canned beef or chicken one will work as well, this will also save you some time.
You may dilute it with water since meatballs will contribute to broth as well.
- 1 lb of beef for soup (e.g beef bone in chuck short rib, or any other type beef for soup)
- 1 parsley root
- 4 oz of grated carrots
- 1 onion (small)
- 1 roma tomato
- 1-2 potatoes
- 1 cup of fresh green peas or pea pods
- 1/2 of red bell pepper
- 3-4 bay leaves
- Paprika by taste
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1/2 cup of rice
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
How to make, step-by-step:
- Prepare the ingredients:
- Prepare beef broth using 6 quart cooking pot, chopped onion, sliced parsley root and grated carrots like it is described here. You will receive something like this:
While broth is being prepared, let’s make meatballs. For that take a small pot, fill it with cold water, salt to taste and put on a burner over moderate heat. After water starts boiling add rice and stir until water starts boiling again, boil rice on moderate heat for 10 minutes. Pour rice into a colander and rinse with cold water. Set it aside to cool down till room temperature:
- Put ground beef to the bowl, add salt and black pepper to taste. Add cooled rice and mix everything carefully:
- Prepare meatballs from all meat and rice you have in the bowl using tablespoon and hands slightly wetted with cold water:
- After broth is ready, wash and skin potatoes, dice them for soup, add to the pot:
- Slice a roma tomato into small pieces:
- If you have pea pods, wash them and cut in halves before, if you have green peas, skip this step:
- Slice bell pepper into stripes:
- Add prepared vegetables to the cooking pot, and boil soup on moderate heat for about 10 minutes:
- Add prepared meatballs to the soup, salt it, add red paprika and bay leaves. In 10 minutes of light boiling soup is ready (meatballs should be floating on the surface).
- Pour soup into the serving bowl and season with fresh dill or parsley: